We’ve had another water switch-off – ‘they’ say it’s once again because of the road works. It’s a problem for everyone – so why do I bother moaning? Because – take a look at the laundry (below). When the municipality switches the water back on after an outage it’s full of mud, and for a B&B that dresses the beds with snow-white sheets that’s a major disaster. We’re keeping the dry-cleaners in Bloemfontein very busy!
Subscribe to Carmel Rickard writes... via email. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Judges hear what lawyers expect from them in human rights cases
- Lesotho’s Chief Justice bars SA’s Shaun Abrahams from trial over ‘unacceptable behaviour’
- Preserve your independence, court urges Namibia’s election commission
- African Court tells Tanzania: your constitution violates basic rights
- Government’s ‘contempt’ raised in challenge to Tanzania’s bail-ban laws