Our Orange River lilies are blooming at the moment. A great sight. And they are growing in my garden, virtually along the Orange River, where they belong. Actually only a slight exaggeration: Smithfield is 40 minutes from Aliwal North where the N6 crosses the Orange River into the Eastern Cape.
Subscribe to Carmel Rickard writes... via email. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Judges hear what lawyers expect from them in human rights cases
- Lesotho’s Chief Justice bars SA’s Shaun Abrahams from trial over ‘unacceptable behaviour’
- Preserve your independence, court urges Namibia’s election commission
- African Court tells Tanzania: your constitution violates basic rights
- Government’s ‘contempt’ raised in challenge to Tanzania’s bail-ban laws